Westmont is a village in DuPage County, Illinois, United States. Westmont is a community of 5.03 square miles in area. Westmont had a 2000 population of 24,554, a partial special census was conducted 2007 resulting in a population of 26,211, and the census of 2010 put the population at 24,685. It is located approximately 18 miles (29 km) west of the Chicago Loop in the southeastern portion of DuPage County, on the fringe of the Chicago Metropolitan Area.
Westmont is located at 41°47′40″N 87°58′35″W (41.794480, -87.976433). It is bounded on the north by the Village of Oak Brook, on the east by the Village of Clarendon Hills, on the south by the City of Darien and on the west by the Village of Downers Grove. It is nearly wholly within the Township of Downers Grove.
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 5.14 square miles (13.3 km2), of which 5.03 square miles (13.0 km2) (or 97.86%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 2.14%) is water.
As of the special census of 2007, there were 26,211 people, 9,900 households, and 5,979 families residing in the village. The population density was 5,014.4 people per square mile (1,934.8/km²). There were 10,269 housing units at an average density of 2,097.1 per square mile (809.2/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 78.02% White, 5.38% African American, 0.13% Native American, 11.95% Asian, 2.41% from other races, and 2.11% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino people of any race comprised 6.98% of the population.
There were 9,900 households; 29.1% of these households had children under the age of 18 living with them. 47.1% were married couples living together, 10.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 39.6% were non-families. 32.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 3.05.
The population was spread out with 21.9% under the age of 18, 8.3% from 18 to 24, 33.8% from 25 to 44, 20.3% from 45 to 64, and 15.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 87.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.9 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $51,422, and the median income for a family was $64,472. Males had a median income of $42,909 versus $33,690 for females. The per capita income for the village was $26,394. About 3.8% of families and 5.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.8% of those under age 18 and 8.5% of those age 65 or over.
Westmont Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Westmont
- 422 Blackhawk Drive WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 46 W 64th Street, Unit Number 102 WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 5645 S Cass Avenue, Unit Number 204 WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 3821 N Park Street WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 714 W 63rd Street, Unit Number 104 WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 522 N Washington Street WESTMONT, IL 60559
Sold Listings in Westmont
- 225 S Wilmette Avenue WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 625 Independence Avenue WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 1228 Williamsport Drive, Unit Number 34-1 WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 1542 Apple Grove Lane, Unit Number 1542 WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 1244 Williamsport Drive, Unit Number 36-1 WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 1111 Honeywood Drive WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 341 Memory Lane, Unit Number 2 WESTMONT, IL 60559
- 333 Memory Lane, Unit Number 2 WESTMONT, IL 60559
Walk Score for Westmont
Westmont School Data
- Maercker Elementary School
- 3-5, public
- C E Miller Elementary School
- K-5, public
- J T Manning Elementary School
- K-5, public
- Westmont High School
- 9-12, public
- Westmont Jr High School
- 6-8, public
- Holy Trinity School
- PK-8, private
- Physically Handicapped Prgms
- 12, public
Posted on February 23, 2013 at 2:45 pm by Jorge Vigil