Bridgeview is a village in Cook County, Illinois, in the United States. It is located approximately 13 miles (21 km) southwest of the Chicago Loop. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 16,446. Bridgeview is home to the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer.
Bridgeview is located at 41°44′33″N 87°48′24″W.
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 4.15 square miles (10.7 km2), all land.
The village has a roughly rectangular shape; its borders running north and south stagger between 8200 West and 6800 West, but can generally be defined as between Roberts Road and Harlem Avenue. The southern border of the town is 103rd Street between 76th Avenue and Harlem. The northern border is staggered between 6700 South on the west side of the rail tracks and 6900 South on the east side of the rail tracks.
Bridgeview borders the following communities: Bedford Park, Nottingham Park (unincorporated Cook County, often considered part of Chicago due to its 60638 ZIP code), Burbank, Oak Lawn, Chicago Ridge, Palos Hills, Hickory Hills and Justice.
As of the census of 2000, there were 15,335 people, 5,631 households, and 3,812 families residing in the village. The population density was 3,716.5 people per square mile (1,433.6/km²). There were 5,825 housing units at an average density of 1,411.7 per square mile (544.6/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 87.42% White, 0.82% African American, 0.30% Native American, 2.22% Asian, 3.97% from other races, and 5.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.42% of the population, including 7.7% of Mexican descent.
The top five non-Hispanic ancestries reported in Bridgeview as of the 2000 census were Polish (25.7%), Irish (17.2%), German (15.1%), Italian (9.0%) and Arab (7.2%).
There were 5,631 households out of which 32.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.6% were married couples living together, 11.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.3% were non-families. 27.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.65 and the average family size was 3.30.
In the village the population was spread out with 24.9% under the age of 18, 9.0% from 18 to 24, 29.6% from 25 to 44, 22.1% from 45 to 64, and 14.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 97.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.4 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $42,073, and the median income for a family was $52,490. Males had a median income of $38,843 versus $25,881 for females. The per capita income for the village was $18,802. About 5.3% of families and 7.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.5% of those under age 18 and 8.1% of those age 65 or over.
Bridgeview Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Bridgeview
- 9112 Orchard Lane BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 8204 S Ferdinand Avenue BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 6807 Maple Court BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7506 Claridge Drive, Unit Number E BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 10215 Camden Lane, Unit Number E BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7642 S Octavia Avenue BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
Sold Listings in Bridgeview
- 9106 Southfield Drive BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 8725 Olympic Drive BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 9213 Willow Lane BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7634 S Ferdinand Avenue BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7244 W 83rd Street BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7517 Savoy Lane, Unit Number F BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7720 S 78th Avenue Bridgeview, IL 60455
- 7524 Claridge Drive, Unit Number H BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7125 Stanford Drive BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 8431 S Octavia Avenue BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 8330 Nottingham Avenue BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 10228 Mulberry Lane, Unit Number D BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7312 W 86th Street, Unit Number 1A BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
- 7812 W 74 Street BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
Walk Score for Bridgeview
Bridgeview School Data
Bridgeview School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
- Bridgeview Elementary School
- K-6, public
- Robina Lyle Elementary And Early Chldhd
- K-6, public
- George W Lieb Elementary School
- K-5, public
- Aqsa School
- PK-12, private
- Universal School
- PK-12, private
Posted on February 28, 2013 at 4:03 pm by Jorge Vigil